Thursday, December 29, 2011

happiness

 

This may sound funny, but I know people who would agree.
    There are certain outfits or clothes that just make you feel better. You become more confident, and just feel better about yourself.
I had that today. and I like those moments. Those items.

I know that we can’t take anything in this world with us to heaven, and I really don’t want to. and I also know that  ‘things’ should not be the source of our happiness. But today, I spent the day with my mother, and we did a little shopping and went to a movie and ate. It was lovely. I had been looking forward to it all week actually. Becasue I guess recently you could just say I’ve had numerous moments of sadness. So the other day I was praying for happiness. Because I have joy, we choose joy, but I guess I just don’t feel happy very often anymore. And I don’t mean this blog entry to sound depressing, because it’s not, and I’m not, I love where my life is at, I love my hardships because I know God is using them to mold me for His purpose in my life and in His kingdom and I truly, from the dephs of my heart am excited for all of the change and transition that is happening and will continue to happen the next couple years. I’ve just been noticing i don’t laugh like I used to, and I’m not near as happy as I used to be, so I asked God to be happy. and today, with my mom and through a new purchase and an old shirt/outfit, I felt confident. I felt good. I was happy. Spending time with my mother. Just being a girl, with no weight of the world for a few hours.

So I have to thank my God, my Father for today. For those hours. For every hour, no matter my attitude and emotion. He is good. and I am in love with Him. And ready to follow Him wherever, whenever, I long to be obedient (mom and I were talking about that today!), and I long to please Him, and He is my source of happiness, joy, excitement, confidence….

 

VERSE OF THE DAY:
”I therefore, a prisoner for the LORD, urge you to walk in a manner worthy of the calling to which you have been called, with all humility and gentleness, with patience, bearing with one another in love, eager to maintain the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace.”
Ephesians 4:1-3

No comments:

Post a Comment