Saturday, December 10, 2011

good lessons in 2 days.

 

I skipped yesterday. so tonight, is a double whammy!

Yesterday:
     Who knew you could learn awesome lessons from 3 yr olds?! I love it. My heart was extremely blessed and even challenged yesterday when during worship with Polen, during the song “Always”, little Raine was seriously singing at the top of his lungs. with all he got. He didn’t care if ppl were laughing, looking, smiling…he didnt care. he just did it. cuz i believe he loves Jesus and he loves music.
  As well, we do what we see people around us do.
This is huge, because you look at children. They repeat what you say, what you do…can be kind of scary. but they do it. and we do that with our friends and people we are around often, we all of a sudden notice that we start talking or acting like the people we are around all the time. We have a high influence rate on people, whether we realize it or not.
   But my lesson last night in all of this was…if a kid, who see’s his daddy sing with every ounce of him and doesn’t care if the people around him care because he’s just worshipping, can sing that way….why can’t i? Why do I let fear grab hold of me?! WHo is man…that I should be fearful of him?! God is totally worth it! So why, so often, do i live in shame…hindering a gift, a privilege.

I think this is partly why God tells us to be like children. They just do what they see their Father doing (for the most part) when really young. Cuz when we grow up…we lose that. But if we 1. have good Fathers and 2. look to God as our Father, i pray that we don’t lose that, and i wish we wouldn’t lose it.

 

Today:      APPRECIATE: to value or regard highly…
       I really don’t know if we actually know what it means to TRULY appreciate people, or anything. Unless we witness and come in contact with really appreciate people.
I love the poor. My heart breaks for them. Esp poor children. I have had an opportunity to serve in Romania for 2 weeks with kids and honestly, one of the greatest things. And i would love to do it again. And I sponsor a girl from Tanzania, and it just seems to keep coming up…the poor and compassion international…and my heart just cries because I want to go so bad to see her. To see her conditions. because i read, and i hear stories and i have witnessed of how these kids will save their food to share with their families. Nothing get’s thrown away. Of a teenager who loves Jesus and leads her mother to Christ, and who just tells everyone she can about Christ…there is an urgency..(which I lack way to often). They appreciate the letter’s and money you send. People in need who appreciate even the smallest thing. Appreciate…

I want to truly appreciate people. To know what they actually looks and feels like for me in my life. Because I feel like I haven’t even touched on what it really is.

 

VERSE OF  THE DAY:
”Oh, fear the LORD, you his saints, for those who fear him have no lack.”
Psalm 34:9

No comments:

Post a Comment