Sunday, December 25, 2011

sacrifice

 

Christmas time has come to be known as a time of giving. Typically a time of giving presents.

This morning after we were done with our presents and after breakfast, we were just talking about Jesus. and I couldn’t help but keep thinking of how much Jesus sacrificed, just by becoming a child. He not only gave up His life for our sake…but He gave up His glory. He will have his human form for the rest of eternity. I’m not sure where it mentions this in the bible (i should probably find out), but it’s been mentioned in my classes and from men I really respect biblically.
   Jesus gave up His glory in Heaven, to become a man…a baby…so that He could die and be the atoning sacrifice for our sins…and when I think of how He sacrificed His glory just to become ‘man’, I love Him so much more and cannot help but say Thank You.

And in thinking about that, and the absolutely astounding love of Christ and how sacrifice is a part of that love, I can’t help but sacrifice my own selfish desires for the sake of His honor and glory.

Our King is beyond worthy.

O COME LET US ADORE HIM….

 

VERSE OF THE DAY:
All this took place to fulfill what the Lord had spoken by the prophet:
“Behold, the virgin shall conceive and bear a son,
and they shall call his name Immanuel”
(which means, God with us). “
Matthew 1:22-23

No comments:

Post a Comment