Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Daniel

 

So dreams and their meaning have been a thing i’ve been thinking about recently and praying about. and so I decided to start reading Daniel, becasue well, Daniel interpreted dreams. And while reading today, I was pretty excited and in awe with God!
  In short, I only read the first 2 chapters, but basically what blew my away was when Daniel went to King Nebuchadnezzar and told him his dream and basically, from what I understand, Neb (for short) was basically dreaming of the ‘latter days’, or what I believe would be the end times. In verse 44 it says “And in the days of those kinds the God of heaven will set up a kingdom that shall never be destroyed, nor shall the kingdom be left to another people. It shall break in pieces all these kingdoms and bring them to an end, and it shall stand forever….” and there is more. but we were talking about the end times the other night to and how Daniel is full of prophecy and I just find it absolutely amazing that God gave Neb a dream about the end days and that Daniel even told him the dream without him giving him a hint of what he actually dreamed, and he was just confident in God and sought God on the matter and God revealed and of all things, He was revealing the end.             Kind of makes me wonder why then, why Neb!? But I know there is a purpose in it, maybe I’ll find more in reading, or maybe I’ll never know. either way, its okay! :) I just love God more!

 

It’s also  pretty cool how when you love and care for someone, you can cry tears of happyness for them when you think about them and their future and all God has done in their life.

 

VERSE OF THE DAY:
”…No wise men, enchanters, magicians, or astrologers can show to the king the mystery that the king has asked, but there is a God in heaven who reveals mysteries, and he has made known to King Nebuchadnezzar what will be in the latter days…” Daniel 2:27-28

No comments:

Post a Comment