Sunday, January 22, 2012

power made perfect

 

So i have these moments, where I just want to cry because I hate being in certain situations. I’m a debbie-downer. I get down on myself a lot, and give up on myself way to quickly when I’m in a situation where I am feeling like I am failing or there is the possibility to do just that. This happens a lot, in leading worship. and other various activities. but mostly, worship.
I get weak. The thing I love the most, is where I struggle.
and I just have to run to God for help, and remember that it’s not about me. and it’s all a learning, growing, charachter, confidence building experience and i need to rely on Christ and not myself. and be obedient to the call He has given me.

The in the moment, when all else is forgotten except for Christ, I feel alive, and I feel like me, and It’s all okay, because God is reigning.

 

I love when God gives me those moments during worship, where I just see worshippers, (partly why I like being on stage, I see things a lot of people don’t see), and I usually have to control my tears, but sometimes I can’t. But tonight was a very incredible evening for me, which is funny because I just wanted to curl up in a ball (Oh Jesus!). But we must endure, we must have faith and fight for what we know God has told us to. and Tonight, God just gave me a picture of the church, His body, coming together and just worshipping Him. Laying themselves down, forgetting all else, but Him and Him alone.

Tis a beautiful picture.

 

VERSE OF THE DAY:
”But He said to me, ‘My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.’ Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me.”
2 Corinthians 12:9

No comments:

Post a Comment