Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Marriage, is what brings us together.

 

So this may surprise a few of you, but I am a girl so this is bound to come up and happen!

Marriage is in many of my conversations, with my best friend getting married, my brother getting married, and me now with a desire to be a mother and after that a desire to be married (pry should be the other way around huh…), marriage is just a hot topic at the current moment.

but the last couple of days I have been rather encouraged by marriage.
1) with realizing that I have numerous people who are praying for my future husband and that he can just make me laugh hysterically (which i need, cuz i dont laugh like i used to). and that someday, he will come.
2) im just super excited for those in my life who are getting married. and seeing their excitement and longing for it as well.
3) the realization that we, beleiver’s, are the bride of Christ. and yet how often do we ‘marry’ ourselves to other people, or to other things, before Christ? Christ is our groom, and yet how devoted, how in love are we with Him really?! Do our lvies show that we are waiting expectantly for our groom, for that wedding day. and are we longing for Him in that way, or are we longing for others and for other things this world has to offer first?

Just been thinking about that. and the realization that I am the a part of the bride of Christ, just really gets me excited!

 

VERSE OF THE DAY:
”Grace be with all who love our LORD Jesus Christ with love incorruptible.”
Ephesians 6:24

No comments:

Post a Comment