Monday, October 3, 2011

joyful in affliction

 

I feel like recently, my posts may all be quite similar, but you will have that at times.

Something is going in my heart. I almost feel like my heart is sad, but I know that it is not. I do know, that God is working on my heart, and that it is starting to break like it never has before for people, there is compassion like never before, there is sympathy like never before, there is a heart for the oppressed like never before, there is pain for those in pain, there is a reflectiveness i guess like never before….there is a desire to spend time in prayer and alone with Jesus like never before, a desire to be with people who encourage me to love Jesus more like never before…

Sigh, It’s not that my heart is downtrodden, it is joyful, but also breaking at the exact same time. And as weird as it seems as times, I am really enjoying this season and what is happening.

I just want Jesus, and whatever season He has me in. I want His love, His romance, His passion, His desires, His brokenness.
   forget the pettyness and selfishness of life. Just give me Jesus.

 

VERSE of the day:
”And we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned-every one- to his own way; and the LORD has laid on him the iniquity of us all.”
Isaiah 53:6

No comments:

Post a Comment