Saturday, October 8, 2011

He romances me

 

Sigh. It’s hard to imagine Jesus as a servant, let alone serving you. Tonight I was reminded by a simple act from someone, of 2 things.

1. the servant hood of Jesus.

2. how He really is my romancer.

All that happened, was I was sitting by a fire and the guy who’s house we were at took a big brick that had been by the fire and put it at my feet, so i had some place to rest my feet.
This made me think of Jesus washing the disciples feet, and how He came to serve. Then I imagined Jesus being the one to put that brick at my feet….and I had a hard time with it. it is hard to imagine Jesus serving us, yet how often are there things in our lives that He has given us….its a matter of how we respond to Him…are we grateful?! Do we serve Him back?!
   It’s humbling. and makes me remember that I am completely unworthy of receiving anything, yet because He loves me more than I can even comprehend, and cuz of His grace and mercy…these things i receive from Him.

As well, I’m really realizing how Jesus is romancing me. I feel like He is showing me, esp recently, how I am to be treated. It’s different, and it’s quite nice. When I think no one really cares or pays attention, Jesus is there with some kind of act to let me know He is thinking about me, and let me tell you, it makes my heart smile big time. And I am just noticing little things like that so much recently, and being overwhelmed by the fact that He is, in fact, IN LOVE with me, and woo’ing me.

 

VERSE of the day:
”He was despised and rejected by men, a man of sorrow and acquainted with grief, as one whom men hide their faces, he was despised, and we esteemed Him not.”
Isaiah 53:3

No comments:

Post a Comment