Sunday, October 9, 2011

for His name's sake

 

I totally just erased what i had written and decided to do something different, cuz i was reminded of something, and am completely blown away…and this is a reoccuring thing, this being blown away.

So, going back to God giving you the desires of your heart, when we delight in Him. well, apparantly I am in a good place, and am delighting in Him more than i ever have, or God is just still in this whole romancing stage for me, im not even sure anymore. But, I notice that its the little things, that i sometimes don’t even pray for, that God does for me…and there is no reason that He should do these things for me.

So, tonight I was in the nursery, watching children, you know, as you do in an ursery. and i was telling ashley how I just want to hold a baby, in a rocking chair and the baby to just be content!well, it ended up without me even thinking about it, i ended up holding a 3 yr old for a little bit cuz they were tired, and just sat there while i rocked him, and then later on in the evening i ended up holding a like 1 1/2 yr old for quite a while cuz he had been fussy and just wanted to touch things on the walls and listen to music. it was splendid.

this may seem like little petty stuff…and to me…it is. but im realizing, its these little petty things that God is doing for me…and i only know that it is FOR HIS NAME’S SAKE. and has nothing to do with me. His love for me, is for His name’s sake, everything He does for me, His wooing me, His servanthood, His grace and mercy is all for His name’s sake.

but it makes me fall more in love with Christ!  :)

 

VERSE of the day:
”He restores my soul, He leads me in paths of righteousness for his name’s sake.”
Psalm 23:3

No comments:

Post a Comment