Monday, November 7, 2011

friendships

"Two are better than one, because they have a good reward for their toil. For if they fall, one will lift up his fellow..." (Ecclesiastes)

Sometimes in ministry, you get so caught up in ministry and in discpling even though through discipling you are building relationships still, it's still work...which every relationship is work. But i guess what I am trying to get at, is that sometimes it's just refreshing just to have those times with friends, where it's not 'work' related, but you just sharing your heart and what's been going on and venting....
   i actually miss these times quite often, of just being friends, with my friends and catching up and just sitting and talking for a couple hours, one on one. and I was very blessed to have these moments the other night. I miss a lot of my friends in my life, because I don't see or talk to very many of them at all, really ever. and when I sit and think about it, it makes my heart sad. BUT, God gives me those refreshign times to just sit and catch up and talk to people, and I pray for more of these times.

We need friends, in the midst of ministry, in the midst of our trials, in the midst of our lives period.
And i am so thankful for the love of friends, and for friends, for old friends who just warm my heart, and for the excitement of new friends who will eventually turn into old reliable, warm friends! :)


VERSE of the day:
"But now, O LORD, you are our Father; we are the clay, and you are our potter; we are all the work of your hand."
Isaiah 64:8

No comments:

Post a Comment