Sunday, September 25, 2011

we have it good

 

This morning at church we had missionaries from Mexico sharing with us at lunch time. (we had a carry in. love those!) And I was just reminded of how blessed we are in America, at least in the area I live in. We have no idea what it’s like to not live in a safe area, no idea what it’s like to be persecuted, or to fear for your life…etc.

We are privileged. And I sometimes wish that there were times when we would be more persecuted, or least experience what it would be like to be a missionary in a third world, dangerous country for at least a day, to realize what some missionaries really go through, and the faith that they have. because often I read stories and find myself wanting more faith like theirs.

Our troubles lead us to stronger faith, to a stronger relationship with God, to stronger fruit of the Spirit in our life.

So today, i am thankful for the life I live. thankful that I am not persecuted. but I also want to experience a third world country, poverty at some point in my life. But Praise God. and may we who have it good, learn from those who are persecuted, and remember to be grateful to God and to pray for those who are persecuted.

 

VERSE of the day:
”For you know the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, that though he was rich, yet for your sake he became poor, so that you by his poverty might become rich.”
2 Corinthians 8:9

No comments:

Post a Comment