Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Remember Me

 

So, I love Jesus.

I have been rereading my Ted Dekker books, the circle trilogy, just finished Red now reading White. and what stuck out to me most and i think i journaled bout this at some point recently, but in Red the charachter Justin (who represents Jesus) is telling his people to remember him……and paints the beautiful picture of love and unity in his bride.

and tonight at our girl’s bible study we talked about communion, and remembering Jesus….and we partook of communion and i just thought it was rather awesome that i had read and was resonating with the whole “remember me” from the book, and then tonight with actually taking the time with the girls to remember Jesus, something just clicked! and i love when things like that happen!

Remember Jesus.

 

VERSE of the day:
”…the Lord Jesus on the night that he was betrayed, took bread, and when he had given thanks, he broke it, and said ‘this is my body which is for you. Do this in remembrance of me.’ In the same way also he took the cup, after supper, saying ‘this cup is the new covenant in my blood. Do this, as often as you drink it, in remembrance of me.’
For as often as you eat this bread and drink the cup, you proclaim the Lord’s death until he comes.”
1 Corinthians 11:23-26

No comments:

Post a Comment