Monday, September 5, 2011

Community

 

It has been a couple days since I last posted…I apologize.

I have missed community. You can be in your community, yet not in it…its weird how that happens. kinda like how you can be in a crowd of people, yet still feel alone, i feel like it’s the same thing. you can be in your community, but not really do anything in or with your community…if that makes sense.

but, community is starting again. granted, community should never stop. talking about Jesus intentionally, should never stop. but it’s up to us…and i hate to say it, but i fail to often. and lately, i feel like failing is just becoming more and more apart of who i am. but that’s not true, it’s not who i am, it’s just what i do sometimes. but my loving Father is there to pick me up, and walk me through it and to help me start over again.

Community may look different to you. but for me, it’s refreshing. new people. new opinions. new voices. same people. same opinions. same voices. Jesus talks.  parents. family. service.  laughter. singing loudly in a car. worship. sharing hearts, mess-ups,….etc.

i love newness. but there is also comfort in ‘oldness’ too. a mix of both, is perfect. but, this weekend, it is community that has made me think, made me feel, made me remember and realize the love of Jesus.

 

VERSE of the day:
”Sing aloud O daughter of Zion; shout, O Israel! Rejoice and exult with all your heart. The LORD has taken away the judgments against you: he has cleared away your enemies. The King of Israel, the LORD is in your midst’ you shall never again fear evil…The LORD your God is in your midst. a mighty one who will save, he will rejoice over you with gladness, he will quiet you by his love; he will exult over you with loud singing.”
Zephaniah 3:14-15, 17

No comments:

Post a Comment