Saturday, April 28, 2012

Realizations Week

 

I forget that I live amongst a sinful world. All to often, I am in my own little Christian/Ministry bubble, with very little communication to the outside world. Then I talk with people amidst my christian bubble who interact with the world, and I am reminded of just how sinful this world really is, and how is just is progressively getting worse. It’s humbling in a sense, but mostly, its really sad.

I still am not sure how I feel about how little contact I have with unbelievers. Im starting to think and wish I had more….But I am also realizing, how we are called to Endurance.
Jesus told us that the world will hate us, but to remember that the world hated Him first. As well He has told us, that we are not of the world. We are different. Our morals are completely different. He also told us to not fear, because He Has Overcome The World!

Sin corrupts. And this world is deeply corrupted. Everywhere we look. There is so much desensitization to sin. Our lives seem to be filled with extremes, either in the world, or out of it, very few do well with a balance of Loving Jesus while still being in the world.

The World gives us perspective. Of just how lost people are, and jsut how blessed we are. And gives more of an urgency to us as believer’s to go out and share the Good News like we are told to do!

 

VERSE OF THE DAY:
”Let us know, let us press on to know the LORD; His going out is sure as the dawn; He will come to us as showers, as the spring rains that water the earth.”
Hosea 6:3

No comments:

Post a Comment