Monday, April 9, 2012

Down on The Farm

 

I have been slacking with blogging. and there are numerous things i could share to catch up with, but I originally wanted this blog to be a daily thing, so I’m going to stick with today’s.

This morning Tina and I went to breakfast with a friend of ours at Bob Evans, and beside us was a Father and Son. the son was real young, younger than 10 i would say. My heart broke, because the whole time in like 30-40 min, I maybe saw the father say about 2 sentences to his son. The rest of the time the father was either on his phone or reading the paper while they ate breakfast. and the kid just kept looking at us girls, and you could tell just wanted his dad to show an interest. It broke my heart, and frankly just really upset me, because how many kids are out there who just want their fathers to pay attention to them. To not just be with them physically, but to be with them in heart and in mind.

It made me just want to sit down with this kid and just talk to him about his likes and interests. it made me want to have my own kids and to spend quality time with them without letting them sit there in silence all through breakfast.

It makes me grateful, that my Heavenly Father is never to busy or to concerned with His own interests over me. His delight, is to have my obedience, my attention, and will do what needs to be done for me to have that, in a loving way this world cannot understand. It makes me grateful for an earthly Father who will take time and talk to me and listen to me.

There have seemed to be a lot of different themes coming up in my life recently. and one of them, is Gratitude. A heart of gratitude is a beautiful, wonderful place to be.

 

VERSE OF THE DAY:
”Praise the LORD! Praise the name of the LORD, give praise, O servants of the LORD.”
Psalm 135:1

No comments:

Post a Comment