Thursday, March 29, 2012

To Bangor.

To my beloved Bangorians,

Yous have a place in my heart that no one will ever be able to replace. Yous were the first people I really ever fell in love with. It’s funny how I have two homes. Its quite an odd thing actually, especially when you know you are called to only one of those places. But I count it a privilege, and a huge blessing to call you all family, and to continue to be a part of your lives. Thank you for that privelage.

This most recent trip has been a lot of reminiscing of the past and the present for me. It has been real relaxing, and one thing that keeps coming up that I feel sums up my time with yous, is that all my heart can do, is Praise God. To be extremely grateful, which I am, for the beautiful life my God has given me and blessed me with. Yous have blessed me tremendously. So I leave you with the words of Paul, and I pray that one day you can completely understand what he is talking about, because it is a surreal feeling and a great honor.

“I thank my God in all my remembrance of you, always in every prayer of mine for you all making my prayer with joy, because of your partnership in the gospel from the first day until now. And I am sure of this, that he who began a good work in you will bring it to completion at the day of Jesus Christ. It is right for me to feel this way about you all, because I hold you in my heart, for you are all partakers with me of grace…For God is my witness how I yearn for you all with the affection of Christ Jesus...”

And this is my prayer for yous:
”Only let your manner of life be worthy of the gospel of Christ, so that whether I come and see you or am absent, I may hear of you that you are standing firm in one Spirit, with one mind striving side by side for the faith of the gospel, and not frightened in anything by your opponents….”

I encourage you all to read through the book of Philippians. It is one of my favorite books of the Bible. There are many other prayers in the Epistles that are quite fitting, and many other expressions I could share, I just want yous to know that yous have been a great blessing to me over the past 6 years and I am excited to see what God continues to do in and through yous! Thank you for loving me as well. Even through all the slabber (hehe), I can see the genuineness of care in your hearts! That is what has blessed me the most!

No comments:

Post a Comment