Tuesday, March 27, 2012

servanthood and blessings

 

today was a beautiful day. sun was shining. was pretty warm. had an Andrew Frame BBQ for dinner. hung out in the yard and porch all afternoon with some great people and Lucie for entertainment. :)

I’m really learning that servanthood is such a huge part of being a Christian. I heard someone the other day refer to Jesus as the Servant King. and that is who He was. a Servant, who is also our King.
and this trip, I’ve had it in mind to be a blessing to people. I was asked the other day if I feel like i have accomplished that task. and my answer was ‘yes.’ for some of the time. I feel like i have almost been more blessed myself by others, rather than being a blessing. Which I feel is how it usually goes.

Words cannot seem to express how extremely blessed I feel from this trip. Ive had good days and Ive had not so good days. Ive had lots of time with Jesus and Ive had not so much time with Jesus. Ive definately had time to relax and not have anything be demanded of me or expected of me, which has been absolutely incredible. My trips to NI usually are quite busy, planning meetings w people and filling up my days with coffee dates and/or day trips. and this trip has had those, but for some reason, it hasnt been near as busy as it usually is.

God knows exactly what we need, when we need it. and this trip has been exactly what I needed I believe. sigh.

 

I am blessed. Beyond words. May we serve one another, and have a heart and attitude of selflessness, and of servanthood like Jesus did. Be willing to just go with the flow, and do whatever is asked of you. Be a blessing.

 

VERSE OF THE DAY:
”The greatest among you shall be your servant.”
Matthew 23:11

No comments:

Post a Comment