Friday, July 22, 2011

Repeat

 

I believe this is a repeat, but I feel like that is totally okay. Because it is true to my day.

There is a youth group from NY staying with us currently, and today they did a ton of work around our house (which they did an incredible job btw.) but tonight we had an event at tuscora park, but it got cancelled due to lightning and a storm…so the group ended up at the guys house and were just having a little time of worship. and they were all honestly just singing their hearts out and worshipping. like they were just singing to Jesus, and no one else, no other distractions. and it was beautiful to me. my heart needed something to smile, and that made me smile. and love Jesus more. I love seeing young people worship and hearing them worship and serve. not just young people, but all people. because it’s no longer about us. but about Jesus. and you can feel and see and hear the genuineness in their love for Jesus during worship. and That is what I love about worshippers. and people who are in love with Jesus. I admire that, and am reminded of my long for that in myself.

 

VERSE of the day:
”So if there is any encouragement in Christ, any comfort from love, any participation in the Spirit, any affection and sympathy,  complete my joy by being of the same mind, having the same love, being in full accord and of one mind. Do nothing from rivalry or conceit, but in humility count others more significant than yourselves. Let each of you look not only to his own interests, but also to the interests of others.  Have this mind among yourselves, which is yours in Christ Jesus, who, though he was in the form of God, did not count equality with God a thing to be grasped, but made himself nothing, taking the form of a servant,being born in the likeness of men. And being found in human form, he humbled himself by becoming obedient to the point of death, even death on a cross.”
Philippians 2:1-8

No comments:

Post a Comment