Saturday, July 2, 2011

Enjoyment

 

Today was a mighty junk food day. Mexican for lunch. nuggets for dinner. afternoon snack of: 2 krispy kreme donuts, and a nice chunk of pudding cake. and to end the day…a bottle of Coca Cola!

So how did I fall in love with Jesus today?!  :)
           1…by being a super patient/laid-back driver! On my errand run to get the pudding in town, for the pudding cake, i waited behind a buggy for them to turn rather than just zooming right past them like so many of us locals do. Also just letting some ladies go out in front of me instead of just making them wait on me. I found joy in these moments. And I couldn’t help but smile and love Jesus, as “The River” was playing in my car!

      2….after eating all this junk, and sitting on a sofa all day….in my head i said how I should do some kind of exercise…but of course I am a girl with no motivation and very low self discipline majority of times. So Kellie gets home, and asks me if I want to go on a bike ride….so i say yes…..we went up a long gradual hill….was brutal…but WE WON! and the best part about hills…means that (not all the time, but usually) there is a hill down…and we sure had one. and that moment, where the wind was in my face, and my legs were just resting and i was speeding on tina’s bike……was bliss. I was loving some Jesus for the wind and some downhill time!

So don’t always be in a rush. Take your time. Enjoy things in life. and You will love Jesus more!

 

VERSE for the day:

“Bless the LORD O my soul and all that is within me…who satisfies you with good so that your youth is renewed like the eagle’s.”
Psalm 103: 1, 5

No comments:

Post a Comment