Tuesday, January 15, 2013

I love to walk.

 

Who goes for a walk when it’s like 30 degrees outside?! (to some, this may not seem bad…but to me…its freezing).

apparantly I do…this summer it seems like all i did was walk…i would walk nearly everyday. and it was seriously probably one of my most favorite things about the summertime. because it was great time with Jesus!
   i walk more for my spiritual health than I do for my physical health.

But, a few days ago I just felt the urge to start walking again. because I miss that intimacy with Christ that was developed through that time, and those prayer times for the most random things! and the worship times and the quiet times! and just the time with God! It also is a steam releaser for me. I can truly start out a walk being mad or upset, and by the end of it, I’ll be completely joyful and happy and ready for whatever comes my way. So i determined that I need to start walking again, definately at least once a week through the winter…(because i hate winter).

But because I had been thinking about this all weekend, I had decided monday that I would go for a walk, and i had set my alarm early to get up and walk…well…i ended up sleeping an extra hour and a half than planned…oops!

BUT, i had time in the afternoon…and my mind and heart needed to go on a walk. so i just put on some leggings, my coat, a scarf and a hat and my earbuds and went on a walk! it was freezing, but was totally worth it. Ive missed those times.

 

So my advice to you all, whoever reads this, if there’s something you’ve been thinking about that you know will beneficial to you, and will bring you more intimacy with Christ…DO IT. even when you think you dont want to. do it. you will not regret it. and it may just allow you to fall more in love with Jesus!

 

VERSE OF THE DAY:
”Therefore let us be grateful for receiving a kingdom that cannot be shaken, and thus let us offer to God acceptable worship, with reverence and awe, for our God is a consuming fire.”
Hebrews 12:28-29

No comments:

Post a Comment