Wednesday, August 17, 2011

long walks….in town.

 

It has been a few days my friends…and those days have been good. realized that i am getting older in the midst of hanging out with young people. but i enjoy it actually. I feel like I am finally starting to grow up. still have a ways to go though.

but to be honest…i have been struggling. being worn out messes with your mind, emotions and heart. but the last 2 days i have spent numerous hours at the piano playing, writing, and worshipping. which have been my favorite parts of my days so far this week. and numerous means at least 2 hours a day. which im rather excited about. and those are the times when I am happiest. so there is part of how I have been falling in love with Jesus the past 2 days.

As well, today I was getting in a mode of slothfulness, and so I just decided to nip that in the bud and went on what felt like quite the long walk. probably about 5 miles would be my guess. but I was feeling pretty down, mainly because I was focusing on myself which is never a happy thing, but all of a sudden on this one stretch there were like 4 people in a row…that just smiled at me. and they were legit smiles. and one was a little kid on a bike, which kids are becoming super special to my heart, so it just did something for me.

God works in mysterious ways, and will even go out of the way to let us know that He is with us, and that He cares, and is watching over us and has everything under control. We just need to abide in Him. and trust Him.

 

VERSE of the day:
”For this purpose also I labor, striving according to His power, which mightily works within me.”
Colossians 1:29

No comments:

Post a Comment