Sunday, August 5, 2012

when our voices fail, our hearts keep going

 

I suppose I should start blogging again, and doing the purpose of this blog.

 

So this summer ive had this underlying fear of losing my voice. because its become really difficult to sing often. to where it physically hurts sometimes. i’m not sure what this is, i have my ideologies but nothing for certain. and today was definately one of those days where singing was just super difficult, and it makes it difficult when you are leading worship. but one thing I realized, and am extremely thankful for, is that to lead worship, you don’t actually have to sing. you can delegate (i love delegation).

and today with a song from this morning, and a song from tonight at church, a phrase has stuck out to me…
  “my heart will sing…”

this came up in 2 songs today. and i know is in multiple songs. and im not sure of the exact meaning for the writers of the songs, but for me, with struggling vocally, this is perfect. even when my voice fails me, my heart can still sing. even if i were ever to completely lose my voice, my heart will still sing praises to my King. I’m not sure what this physically looks like, but for me, i know when my heart is singing and its one of those sweet sweet precious moments with my Creator.

no matter what, my heart will sing. and it has been singing for years!

 

VERSE OF THE DAY:
”Be still before the LORD and wait patiently for him; fret not yourself over the one who prospers in his way, over the man who carries out evil devices!”
  Psalm 37:7

No comments:

Post a Comment