Thursday, August 16, 2012

Beauty of Holiness

 

I love God’s Holiness. I love hearing about it, reading about it, seeing it, and being in the midst of it sometimes. Sometimes when worshipping, its almost like its wrapped around me, like what is described in Revelation with all the angels and the creatures i can’t even picture in my head! and I know that thats not even close to what worship is going to be like in heaven what I experience here on earth, therefore, I cannot wait until Heaven!

But, I love reflecting on God’s Holiness. I get fired up when it seems that people don’t understand His Holiness, and I’m sure that I don’t even understand it like I could, nor will I ever fully understand God’s Holiness. but God’s Holy, therefore, he can demand things from us, He can’t do anything that altars or dirties that Holiness. and because He is holy, we should be holy. To meet with Him, because He is Holy, we must cleanse ourselves, from ourselves, our sin, our flesh. (just erad the Old Testament…and you get an idea of His Holiness!) and with reading through the psalms, i love how in so many of them, the author starts off with some kind of emotional response to what life is throwing their way, and always ends the psalm with this incredible display of affection towards God, of Who He is and all He has done!

I love that God is Holy! and in that, He has bridged the gap through Jesus Christ to meet with us, and to make us holy!

 

VERSE OF THE DAY:
”Ascribe to the LORD the glory due his name; worship the LORD in the splendor of holiness.”
  Psalm 29:2

No comments:

Post a Comment