Monday, August 6, 2012

humility

 

Had dinner and chats with my mentor tonight. Always am super blessed to sit and talk and listen to her. I always leave encouraged, inspired and challenged. and i love how God just uses people in our lives, and how we are so designed to be in community and to be in relationship with people.

I still find this humorous coming from me..who growing up, just hated people and wanted nothing to do with them. and now, i love people so much. and one thing that I have definitely learned this summer, is that I actually need people in my life. We are not meant to do life alone. We need people, I need people!

Another thing from tonight that is just a good reminder, because I tend to get on a high-horse of myself at times, is that I really don’t know. I really don’t know what God is doing sometimes, I really don’t know all that I think I know, I’m not as wise as I think I am, I’m not as knowledgeable as I think I am…and so on. I’m always going to be growing. and I’m always going to be learning new things and realizing that I just really don’t know everything.
  It’s one thing to say that, and it’s another thing to live that and believe that in your head. Humility is such a need in the believer, for so many things and for so many different reasons. and is such an admirable trait, because it is such a rare trait. to be truly humble. one that should be most desired.

 

VERSE OF THE DAY:
”Though the fig tree should not blossom, nor fruit be on the vines, the produce of the olive fail and the fields yield no food, the flock be cut off from the fold and there be no herd in the stalls, yet I will rejoice in the LORD; I will take joy in the God of my salvation. God, the LORD, is my strength; he makes my feet like the deer;s; he makes me tread on my high places.”
Habakkuk 3:17-19

No comments:

Post a Comment