Saturday, January 4, 2014

Changed

It's amazing how people change.

It's amazing to be able to look back and see how much YOU yourself have changed. And what has helped shape the change.

I've had a lot of changes over the past few years, and changes are always happening I've come to learn. Change is good. But one change that I keep realizing recently, is how I cannot stand to be alone.

I used to not be able to get enough alone time. I actually preferred to be alone, than with people. I processed better among other things. 
I do still have a lot of alone time, and some alone time is definitely needed, but I'm realizing that when I am alone for to long, I get extremely antsy and discombobulated. I also am more tempted to believe lies and go to deep in those lies while alone. I also have noticed, that I am just plain happier and more excited when I get to be with people.

My perspective changes when I am with people, my life is no longer about me. I can process better by talking through things. I believe less lies because people are taking time to be with me showing me they love and care about me. Even if there isn't much conversation going on, the fact that I am in the presence of people is enough. One of my favorite things actually is just going to a coffee shop and reading a book with a friend. With no obligation to talk, but of course that happens! 

Change has frightened me for a long time. Life has been 'weird.' But, I have come to love change. Change is exciting, and proof that you are moving forward. I love how God moves in change and how He orchestrates it for His glory and our betterment. 

✌️ and ❤️ brethren. 

No comments:

Post a Comment