Friday, January 24, 2014

Addicted to worship

So, a certain someone (you know who you are) keeps telling me that I am addicted to worship.
  And you know what, she's right!

Whenever I hear worship music, especially LIVE worship music, I'm naturally drawn in and nothing else even the people I'm with doesn't seem to matter anymore...(probably should work on that).
Or, if I am alone, especially at church (which happens a lot), I can't help myself but spend an hour sometimes more either on the piano or guitar just worshipping Jesus....and I never want these moments to end. Ever. And I mean that.

I love music, I enjoy secular music a ton. But I've realized that I never know all the word to secular songs, I have to WORK so hard to remember all of the words...but with worship music, they just flow and are easy to remember the lyrics. Probably because they resonate with my heart so much, where songs like "do what you want, what you want with my body.." really don't resonate with my heart....(I know that's hard to believe for as much as I sing that line...😝)

The point of me sharing this with you; I have fallen deeper in love with Christ this year. I have fallen deeper in love with worshipping Him through song. It's been a huge struggle the past 4-5 months in worship...from my voice occasionally giving out (which it still does at times, in corporate and private worship), and from nerves and anxiety taking over my mind and body....I have had to endure....and to fight....for something that I truly love and appreciate with an immense passion. It may sound silly but I don't think I've ever fought so hard physically for something in my life...and I think that's why I appreciate worship so much more now, and why I have fallen so much more in love with God through worship and every aspect of it. I have seen His power in ways I had forgotten that He moves in. My heart has been re-ignited. My passion has been fueled. And though the enemy even still tries to pull me down....especially with my voice and insecurities, I know that I can push through and that I will because The Lord is my Shepherd...and I have a community who fights with me. 

And I could not be more blessed.

"God is spirit,and those who worship Him must worship in spirit and in truth." John 4:24

"And he said to them, 'You shall love The Lord your God with all you heart and with all your soul and with all your mind." Matthew 22:37

"Ascribe to The Lord the glory due his name; worship The Lord in the splendor or holiness." Psalm 29:2 (Or beauty of holiness! In the NIV)

No comments:

Post a Comment