Saturday, January 11, 2014

Peace in restlessness

Life is exciting.
    Yeah, I have my routine, my normal day to day activities. My days don't change a whole lot.
But life, is exciting.
Because Jesus is alive!

I've been blogging a lot more recently, because God is mighty at work and I just feel the need to share. 
As well, there has been a shift in some of my attitude...(which is a great thing because I have a terrible attitude the majority of the time).

For instance, all I would love to do is just go to bed and sleep a good nights sleep. But my heart is beating like crazy and my stomach feels nervous...and this is becoming a normal thing and I have come to know this as the Holy Spirit moving me to pray, to read, to write, and to encourage. Sleep is not that important in the Kingdom of God I am realizing, and I am becoming completely okay with this. Although I do find myself asking God why He so chooses to keep me awake sometimes, I also find myself looking forward and appreciating these times. Because they are beautiful and only draw me closer to God. Intimacy. I love intimacy with my LORD! 
   I now find myself saying to God, 'what do you want me to do. Who needs prayer. What shall I read....' Rather than complaining that I can't fall asleep and just getting frustrated. 

God changes people. God changes hearts. God changes attitudes. God changes hearts of stone, to hearts of flesh. God changes lives. 
    Surrender your will, and your faith will grow. Obedience will lead you to more intimacy. Asking the right questions, will open so many doors. Shifting your focus, will bring so much joy and freedom. 
Opening your heart, will bring pain, but also an immense amount of unconditional love. 

It is all worth it my friends. Believe me. Jesus is worth it the sacrifice. For sacrifice and offering ourselves, is our reasonable act of worship.
   I encourage you to read Hebrews 12 tonight before you go to bed, or right now in fact. Whether you are alone or with people. Jesus is worth it.

✌️ and ❤️ brethren.

No comments:

Post a Comment