Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Intentionality

Ever since being apart of Off The Wall, one word that has continually been repeated over the years is...intentional.

As much as I have grown in being intentional, I am finding, I still have lots of room to grow in this, but I know that I am not alone in this, for as do many others in my community.
  It's very easy to keep things surfacey, for fear of making people uncomfortable, or even making yourself uncomfortable and placing yourself in awkward situations or even situations where you may face rejection. But I think I can speak for most people when I say that I desire to be intentional, and to not be so surfacey. But fear just seems to be greater. And it should not be.

My days are so much better when I start them off with encouraging people, or praying. When I do that, it never fails that I have at least one great conversation that day that is more than "how are you?" But reveals a piece of the heart. I like conversations that reveal the heart. I like hearts, a lot. Like, a lot. I am learning this! 

So, if you read this and you know me, challenge me on my intentionality. Ask me if I have been intentional with people and my conversations and in encouraging others. And I also challenge you, to be more intentional. Go out of your way, out of your comfort zone to be intentional. If you need to pray for someone with them, in public, or write them a letter, or send a text, or just want to know more about them but have been to scared to ask...ask! They probably want you to...and if you do get asked an intentional question, give a response. Be intentional in that. ☺️

✌️ and ❤️ brothers and sisters. 

No comments:

Post a Comment