Thursday, February 21, 2013

Are you disciplined?

 

Yesterday morning, I woke up earlier than what I typically do on a normal day. And what I found…was that i was so much more full of the joy of the LORD. My day was really incredible actually. And I know I had a really great Jesus time at the coffee shop Tuesday night, which was much needed, so that may have played a bit into it, but this spurs me on to want to become more disciplined in waking up early.

For a while I was quite disciplined in my mornings, but recently, I’m just always so tired, that it’s become super difficult to wake up sometimes and all I want to do is just lay in bed. But there is something special to getting up early in the mornings, and spending time with Jesus.

Discipline helps bring joy. and I need more discipline, I’ve allowed myself to get lazy in the things that are important to me, which is not okay.
So right now, I’m thankful for discipline, and the practice of it. I also love that God, in the midst of it, when we say we want to commit to something, will hold us to it, then it’s up to us whether we allow Him to continue to hold us to it or not. This morning, He had me awake before my alarm, which makes it a lot easier to get up and which also rarely happens these days, but I’m hoping and praying this is going to become my new normal. Because i like it a lot.

God is good folks. He speaks, He moves, be disciplined enough to hear Him, to see Him, to spend time with Him, because He is jealous for you and desires to be with you.

 

VERSE OF THE DAY:
”For if the blood of goats and bulls, and the sprinkling of defiled persons with the ashes of a heifer, sanctify for the purification of the flesh, how much more will the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered himself without blemish to God, purify our conscience from dead works to serve the living God.”
Hebrews 9:13-14

No comments:

Post a Comment