Thursday, December 19, 2013

"Good morning starshine, the earth says hello!"

I used to strongly dislike mornings. 

Now, the mornings where I am up the earliest, are the ones that get me excited for my day. There's more Jesus in my day on those mornings.
Like this morning for instance....I woke up at 5:30am quite groggy...and just wanted to go back to bed. But I needed to drive my Amish girls, so I put on my sweats  and a big sweatshirt and put my hood up and snow boots on and off I went. I have about a half hour in between some of the girls, so I usually use that time to read the Word, but this morning, I was so tired all I wanted to do was nap, so I tried, and there was worship music on and I just couldn't help myself, so I just had some incredible worship time. And then when I was driving, the sunrise this morning was absolutely a stunner! And I once again, couldn't help but worship. And then my last girl, gave me a little donut (which of course I have already eaten) and an adorable handmade card and some hot chocolate! How could I not be grateful and smile and once again, worship my Awesome God?

My day, is already made. An it's only 8:30am! My day has been full of joy and worship to my Creator, and it's only 8:30am. Back in the day, I would still be a grump at this hour or asleep. But the older I am getting, I am realizing there are more important things to life than lots of sleep and being in grumpy moods.

So, I exhort you today, to worship in th big and the small. To fall in love. To see the beauty of God. To walk with Him, in grace and joy! And even if all your body wants to do is go back to bed....live for Jesus, not your body. That's what I'm going to try to do! 


"Let me hear in the morning of your steadfast love, for in you I trust. Make me know the way I should go, for to you I lift up my soul." Psalm 143:8

No comments:

Post a Comment