Thursday, December 26, 2013

I took a walk


Walking is extremely good for you.
  I find that whenever I am taking the time to take walks (outside), I am much more inspired, if feel better physically and emotionally, I am more joyful, I am praying more....

A few years ago in the summertime Walking everyday had become a habit. I would up to 8 miles some days. This summer, not so much, due to a hurt foot. But even after a time of healing for my foot, I still did to get myself back in the habit. So last night, after the Family Christmas festivities, I had the urge to go for a walk, in the cold. So I had my new fleece leggings, a fleece, and my wind-proof jacket and a headband and off I went, and I kept asking myself..."why have I not kept this up?"
    I know that walking for me, keeps me healthier in all areas of my life and I thoroughly enjoy it because it's incredible time with my Savior.

At the start of our Off The Wall year this fall, we had a retreat. And at that retreat the main theme was "are you with us?!" The word WITH is an extremely powerful word. I am more WITH God, when I am physically walking with Him. I am more aware of Him when I am physically walking With Him. I am more WITH Him when I am walking WITH Him!

So i encourage you today, that whatever it is that makes you more WITH God, however simple or however unique, take the time to do it. Even if it's just for 10 minutes a day. Because your Savior is Jealous for you and wants time WITH you. And time spent with Him, should be part of our acceptable worship to Him, for all He has done for us and in us and through us!


"The LORD bless you and keep you; 
the LORD make his face to shine upon you and be gracious to you; 
the LORD lift up his countenance upon you and give you peace."
Numbers 6:24-26

No comments:

Post a Comment