Saturday, December 22, 2012

Christmas is the Holiday that gives

 

God just completely made my day!!

It’s good to be reminded, why you do what you do. At God’s Closet last weekend I got to talk to this lady whom I had  talked to before there, and she really opened up to me about all that is and has been going on in her and her husband’s lives with medical issues, and other circumstances, that when you sit and listen, just break your heart. This couple is going through a lot right now and are just trying to keep their heads up. This lady is a believer, it is clearly evident in the way she talks. and SHe is just holding onto to Christ right now. and this week I was asked by a friend who in the area could use some groceries…and this lady came to my mind. so i texted her to make sure she would be okay with people getting a hold of her and giving her groceries and so started a text conversation.

she is so extremely grateful. and the way God is providing for her right now and using me and allowing me to be able to listen and pray for this lady, is sooo encouraging. People like her, is why I do God’s Closet. I’ve entertained thoughts of giving up, in all honesty, but I truly believe that is not apart of what God has in store for God’s Closet. (He continues to blow me away!)

I’m amazed at God’s Sovereignty and how He knew there would be someone asking me who in the area could use some help, and he worked everything out for this lady to come to Gods Closet, because she wasnt able to in the beginning, but she did and that she shared with me! BLOWN AWAY!

Christmas is all about giving. It started with God giving us His son, as a baby boy. A man. only to die, and with that, giving us eternal life, forgiveness of sins…and He is constantly giving.
And we are to give to. We are to be imitators, and if we are imitators, then we will give. of ourselves, of our means, all of us.

 

VERSE OF THE DAY:
”The Lord your God is in your midst,
a mighty one who will save;
he will rejoice over you with gladness;
he will quiet you by his love;
he will exult over you with loud singing.”
Zephaniah 3:17

No comments:

Post a Comment