Saturday, March 16, 2013

Sing It Out

 

“And I’m falling on my knees, offering all of me, Jesus your all this heart is longing for…”

Sometimes, I sing so that I can believe. So that my heart can look to Jesus and say that He is all I need, and that He is all that I am longing for, because when I’m not singing, when I’m not praying, when I’m not reading His word…my heart is longing for other things. And sometimes even in those things that keep me focused on Him, my heart still longs for other things apart from Him. which I don’t think are a bad thing, our desires and longings become a bad thing when we start longing for them more than we long for Jesus.

So i sing, to remind my heart, that Jesus is my ultimate longing over all these other things my heart is looking for in the meantime. Because my heart is an idol factory, constantly looking for something to idolize, to long for, to place in a high position in my mind…but when I sing….I can’t help but look to Jesus. When I pray, I can’t help but look to Jesus. when I read, I can’t help but look to Jesus. when I put others before myself, I can’t help but look to Jesus.

I want my heart to always be longing after Jesus, more than all the other things my heart longs for. because Jesus is the One who will ALWAYS bring satisfaction and worth. His love, is like no other. His grace, we cannot comprehend, but we live in it!
Thank You Jesus!
I love You.

 

VERSE OF THE DAY:
”Let no one seek his own good, but the good of his neighbor.”
1 Corinthians 10:24

No comments:

Post a Comment