Tuesday, June 25, 2013

It has been quite a while since I have been on here....mostly due to the fact that my computer is failing me so I havent been able to use it for about 2 months...so now I get to hijack my generous roommates computer!

The past couple of days for me, have been incredible days. They have been productive, and full of Jesus, and joy. I have felt more of God, seen more of God, learned more, and experienced more joy in the last 2 weeks than I have in the previous few months.
   I had thought that the season that I was in was just hopeless, and me just being worn out and selfish...and it was partly that. But I'm realizing more and more, that there of course was a purpose and a goal in that season. What, I do not know. But I'm finally at peace and truly grateful for the past year, which I have been waiting for, for quite a while it seems. I feel like God is restoring the joy of my salvation, reviving my soul. I feel alive and warm, and not almost dead and cold. My perspectives are changing, my attitude still needs some major work, but i can see that changing as well. God is growing me, He HAS BEEN growing me, just in a way that I wasnt wanting and that I probably have been fighting.
  I love that life happens in seasons. And there are those seasons that are not so much fun...that feel really dry and you have no clue what's going on. But you just have to keep going, you have to endure. And then God breaks through. I needed to learn to endure, I still do, but I actually am starting to feel stronger. I know this is just the beginning, and these things take baby steps, but I just want to say again how grateful I am for each and every season of life. The good, the bad, the frustrating, the happy. God is good through it all, and Sovereign and LORD over it all. And I always have things I need to learn and areas I can grow in!

Life is exciting. Jesus is exciting. Love is worth enduring for. God's Kingdom is victorious.

This passage has been my go-to passage for this year. It is a very popular one, but it has meant so much to me this year, and its words go deep into the depths of my heart and into my intimacy with the Holy Spirit.
      The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want. He makes me lie down in green pastures. He leads me beside still waters. He restores my soul. He leads me in paths of righteousness for his name's sake. Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me. You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies; you anoint my head with oil; my cup overflows. Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life, and I shall dwell in the house of the LORD forever." Psalm 23

No comments:

Post a Comment